A message from Lily Davis, the founder of LOVELY DAY MATCHA:
LOVELY DAY is the namesake of my all-time favorite Bill Withers song, which opens with these lyrics:
When I wake up in the morning, love
And the sunlight hurts my eyes
And something without warning, love
Bears heavy on my mind
Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day
Like this sweet and happy song, which warms my heart and reminds me of the simple, natural beauty of every moment, so does my daily cuppa matcha. Yes, there's a long, long list of science-backed health reasons to drink green tea (and I encourage everyone to discover all of the goodness that matcha can bring to your overall well-being!). But as I quietly sipped this morning's matcha latte, this was not what I was thinking about at all... Rather, I was just at peace, contented with myself and unruffled by the imminent distractions and to do lists. And that's a lovely feeling that I want to start and endure each day with; not only for myself, but for everyone.
With the specific goal of making highly graded, authentic Japanese matcha accessible to Houstonians and less of a mystery for first-time drinkers, I set out to promote mindfulness in one's health —without compromising overall quality, affordability or sustainable practices:
- We offer only the finest matcha from small, family-run tea farms from regions of Japan renowned for matcha, and tea accessories from Japanese makers.
- Our matcha is packed in lightweight food pouches instead of metal tins to minimize our environmental footprint and save you dollars on shipping.
- We encourage you to reuse tea tins you already own (make sure they're airtight!) or get one of our washi tins, that you can continue to refill with your favorite teas.
- We celebrate the history, culture and science of matcha and will continue learning and sharing our findings on our blog.
- Finally, remember that health foods can also be fun, exciting and creative. We're always inspired and experimenting; looking for easy and/or interesting matcha recipes to incorporate into your lifestyle.
I hope that you'll enjoy our products, our discoveries, and every delicious moment of this day.